Thank you for your interest in submitting your idea and related information (“Idea”) to Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. (the “Company”). We can only consider your Idea if you accept the following agreement. If you do not agree with any of these terms and conditions of this agreement, you may not submit your Idea.
In exchange for the Company reviewing my Idea, I agree to the following:
- I/we am/are at least 18 years old or the adult legal guardian of the submitter, am/are competent to enter into this agreement, and have the unrestricted right to submit my/our Idea.
- I/we will allow the Company to review and evaluate my/our Idea.
- No confidential relationship is being established between me/us and the Company, and the Company is under no obligation to keep my/our Idea confidential.
- I/ We will keep confidential the fact that I/ we have submitted my/our Idea to the Company and any interest by the Company in my/our Idea.
- I/ We will rely solely upon my/our rights under the patent laws for compensation for my/our idea. If the Company is interested in my/our Idea, I/we will negotiate with the Company for rights to any patent rights that I/we have related to my/our idea. Nothing in this agreement shall prevent the Company from contesting the scope, validity and enforceability of my/our patent rights. If I/we have no valid, enforceable patent rights that cover the Company’s use of my/our Idea, the Company is under no obligation to compensate me/us for my/ our Idea, and, if the Company does compensate me/us, the payment will not exceed $5,000 (US).
- I/ We agree that the Company is under no obligation to take any action related to my/ our Idea.
If other people have contributed to the Idea, I/ we have the authority to submit the Idea on their behalf and to bind them to this agreement.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Connecticut, U.S.A., notwithstanding conflicts of law.